Addiction Therapy & Counselling in Hertfordshire & London
We treat and support addiction through counselling and therapy at both our centres in London & Hertfordshire. Contact us if you would like more information or if you would like to book a consultation.
Addiction can manifest in a number of different ways. It might be an activity addiction like gambling, a substance addiction like alcohol, a thought addiction like thinking obsessively or being co-dependent on people, love or sex. Addictions can be a sign of underlying unresolved issues such as shame, splitting or trauma. When an addiction becomes harmful or plays too big a role in our lives it can be beneficial getting some help.
Do I Need Addiction Counselling?
There are a number of signs which show that you have addiction that you need some help with. These signs might include:
- The substance no longer provides relief
- Obsessively thinking about the activity or substance
- Being unable to imagine life without it
- The addiction is encroaching into other areas of your life
- Prioritising the addiction at the compromise of your values
- The substance or activity controls you
- Rationalising and justifying why you are addicted to something that is unhealthy
- Friends and relatives are beginning to notice that something is wrong
What Would Addiction Counselling Involve?
Addiction counselling involves talking through the difficulties which you might be having in relation to the addiction itself and life as a whole. It will also involve what might be underlying the addiction and processing unresolved difficulties. Our addiction counselling is centred around self-empowerment, taking positive action in line with values to move forward without the addiction.
Addiction is usually accompanied by secondary conditions which might include trauma, anxiety and depression. These secondary difficulties will also be addressed. We also signpost to other organisations and groups who will be able to help. Examples include, Gambler Anonymous, Alcoholics Anonymous, Cocaine Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous.
How Addiction Counselling Can Help You?
- Living a life free from the activity or addiction
- Understand the way your thinking effects your choices in life
- Processing underlying difficulties
- Finding new ways to cope with difficulties in life
- Reconnecting to your true self
- Recognising addictive behaviour triggers
- Move forward in an orderly direction so you can reach your goals
- Become the best you, you can be
Contact us to book a consultation for addiction therapy
Tel: 07944 996 646
Contact us to Book Addiction Therapy
07944 996 646