Anxiety Therapy Treatment in Hertfordshire & London
We all have anxious feelings from time to time caused by difficulties experienced in daily life. However, feeling anxious, fearful, tense and worried all the time when there is no obvious cause could mean that you are suffering from an anxiety disorder. At both our centres in Hertfordshire & London we help those who need support for their feelings of anxiety. Contact us if you would like to know more information or if you would like to book a consultation.
Our anxiety therapy is suitable for the following conditions which cause anxiety.
- General Anxiety Disorder
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
General Anxiety Disorder is a condition which causes you to feel anxious with regard to wide ranging issues and situations rather than one specific event. When one anxiety causing issue disappears another pops-up much like whac-a-mole at the fairground.
Panic disorder is characterised by sudden attacks for fear and panic. Panic is the most severe form of anxiety. You might try and avoid situations which previously resulted in a panic attack.
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a condition which also causes anxiety. Intrusive thoughts, avoidance behaviours, negative alterations in cognitions and moods and hyperarousal symptoms are common.
Our Anxiety Therapy Approaches
We use a number of approaches to help you with anxiety.
- Behavioural therapy
- Anxiety management & relaxation techniques
- Eye-movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy (EMDR)
We use psychotherapy to help you understand how the past is affecting the present. It helps you make long lasting changes by developing the qualities needed to overcome anxiety. Behavioural therapy enables you challenge unhelpful thinking which keeps the anxiety feelings running longer. We also use practical relaxation techniques to help you manage and cope with difficult situations. EMDR therapy helps with panic disorder and specific situations which cause panic attacks.
What are the Benefits of our Anxiety Therapy?
- Understand the causes of your anxiety
- Understand and change unhelpful thought processes to reduce the physical and psychological symptoms of anxiety
- Understand your triggers and manage your response to reduce the impact of a panic attack
- Reduction in symptoms enabling you to feel more relaxed and re-energised
- Manage stressful situations effectively
- Resolving the rout cause of anxiety through EMDR therapy
- Reduce symptoms through mindfulness-based stress reduction
Anxiety Disorder Causes
- Traumatic event including domestic violence, bullying or child abuse
- Overwhelming event
- Chemical imbalance in the brain
- A history of addiction
- Long term health condition
- A difficult childhood upbringing
Physical signs and symptoms of Anxiety
Anxiety symptoms vary from person to person and different anxiety disorders manifest in a number of different ways. This list contains some of the most common symptoms of anxiety.
- Being easily startled
- Muscle tension or muscle aches
- Difficulty sleeping
- Irritable bowel syndrome
Psychological Symptoms of Anxiety
- Feeling on edge
- A sense of dread
- Obsessive thinking
- Intrusive thoughts
- Negative cognitions
- Experiential avoidance
Contact us to book a consultation for anxiety therapy
Tel: 07944 996 646
Get in touch
If you have a question or would like to find out more about treatment or therapy please fill in your details and submit an enquiry below.
If you would like help for anxiety please contact us to book therapy.